This is my new friend, Genevy. We had a chance to talk quite a while as we sat waiting for our turn to get our license. I shared some of my testimony and a pass along card. I got her address & email so I could send her this picture & get the elders to stop by with a Book of Mormon (since we didn't have one with us).
She told me, "I will never forget you"! I won't ever forget her. Her husband had to quit work for a while because of an enlarged heart. She works and has 3 children...an 8 yr. old, 6 yr. old & 2 yr. old. They are moving to Canada within the month. They are excited to move! It makes me sad I may never see her again!

Getting our Philippines Drivers license was an experience I will not soon forget. It took us close to four hours. You can see that President Peterson was really having a great time! First of all, we had to go for a drug test! You know what that means! The circustances at which we had to give our urine left much to be desired! Not sanitary by any means. To top it off...the door had to be open for the men to give. If that had been the case for the women...no way. I don't need to drive that badly! They took our finger prints and checked our eyesight too! No written exam necessary to drive in the Philippines! It seems there are no driving rules, except..."Watch out!" You can see that Elder & Sister Campbell are great sports! We will always remember these first weeks we have shared with them in the Philippines! They still don't have their own place yet. They have been staying here in the mission home with us and have actually been a great help to us with all the activity we have had! They both have a great sense of humor and Sister Campbell has helped so much in the kitchen with Rubi so busy all the time. I couldn't have made it without her!

We are enjoying your post so much, thank's for sharing. You are having all kind of adventures.I look forward to the driving stories. Enjoy everything, we love you and miss you!!!
ReplyDelete