Sunday, September 25, 2011

Road Travels

This is a typical sight on the roads of the Philippines...A funeral
 procession.  There are many people walking down the road
 along side and behind the hearse carrying the casket.
  It causes a lot of traffic conjestion.
This is a pretty common thing to see riding down the road!  
It's a double-decker truckload of pigs!
I hope you can click on this picture and see theses girls a little 
close up.  The umbrellas here are used for protection from the sun
 as well as from rain.  All the children here wear uniforms.  I hope
 to get more pictures of different ages and different uniforms. They
 are so cute.  These girls, I think, are high school age.
This pig is HUGE!!  He took up pretty much the entire space of 
the Jeepney!  Can you see his snout sticking out the right side!  
I wish I could have gotten a picture of his face from that side!
We are on the road a lot traveling around the mission.  This is just
 a typical roadside fruitstand.  They have a lot of these 
all over the mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment