Beautiful children! The two on the right look like twins.
I didn't notice that until I post this picture!
Here are some of the young men of the Calaca Branch.
They look like future missionaries!!
Two young women of the Calaca Branch with Elder Butler
and Elder Delfin in the background.
This one of the families in the Calaca Branch.
This is Calaca Branch building in the Balayan District. The two on either side of President are new missionaries from the Nasugbu Branch. They have both been called to the Philippines Cebu Mission. They came quite a distance to get a temple recommend. George needed to do several other temple recommend interviews there and also in the Balayan Branch where he set apart a missionary that is going to the Cauayan mission. We went to the Balayan Branch for our meetings first. George & I were asked to speak in sacrament meeting. Then, while George did interviews, the elders and I went to gospel doctrine class. The teacher didn't show up so I ended up teaching the class. Interestingly enough, I had a copy of the lesson from the teacher's manual that I pulled off the internet that morning before we left. However, I hadn't really read through it so it was a challenge. It was lesson 38 in the New Testament manual entitled, "Thou Hast Testified of Me", covering Acts 21-28. Paul was a great example of testifying of Christ no matter what persecution he knew would come. We too need to have that kind of courage to bare our testimonies of Christ. Also, just like many disregarded Paul's counsel, so do some of us occasionally disregard our church leaders counsel. Fortunately the AP and Office elders were there to help me. It was kind of fun, but next time I will go more prepared...just in case!





No comments:
Post a Comment