This is a picture outside the Stake Building where we participated in the Balayan District Conference. The couple in the middle is Elder Remegio Evangelista Meim, Jr. and his wife Julita Basug Dela Cruz Meim. He is an Area Seventy here in the Phillipines. We traveled about three hours, had our Batangas Zone Interviews and then drove to the nice resort in Nasugbu on Friday, July 15th. We spent the night, got up and prepared to go to the conference. They fed us lunch at 11:00 a.m. at the Stake Center. George met with Elder Meim and the District Presidency for about an 1 1/2 hrs. Afterwards, he then went to priesthood and had to speak there. I went to Auxilary training and taught about Spiritual Preparation for about 30 to 40 min. Sister Campbell was asked to bear her testimony and Sister Meim took the rest of the time talking about "Who Am I?"... and not sure what else because she spoke mostly in Tagalog. At the adult session I gave the same talk I gave in our Stake Conference before we left. "Miracles" George does so well when he speaks...He talked about the The Family Proclamation. The next morning at 8:30 a.m. they had a Youth/Young Adult session for an hour where George talked about Helaman 5... I talked about Agency and accountability. At 10:00 a.m. they had the general session where we both got to speak again! I spoke about likening the scriptures to our lives and used Alma 48...If we could all be like Moroni. Brother & Sister Campbell both bore their testimonies...two speakers from District Presidency, & Elder & Sister Mein.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow! Lots of speaking! Good thing you guys are so good at it! I should have kept reading about the resort. Looks beautiful!
ReplyDelete